PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So called SCABS
Thread: So called SCABS
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 02:06
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6feetunder. I did not want to get involved in a thread with you or anyone that could lead to further acrimony between just us or that might offend others. OK, here goes with no malice aforethought. Action not taken first. Any pilot who legally joins this airline should have automatic right to join its union. I am talking about two groups here, first the ASL pilots - remember them - ostracised, discriminated against, vilified and I recall the scab word then too, the decision to ban them from the AOA was the second or maybe third mistake the part time AOA management made which led towards the place we are now. Second, any pilot with a letter before the ban should not be held liable. Further, the AOA moderates Cprune, that is not being done professionally enough, in my opinion. Scab lists have no place on a professional pilots network. Lists of non-union members, isn't union membership by choice? Since when did it become compulsory? And, by not moderating lists of this nature they are inevitably innacurate causing much pain and revulsion. Moderating some of the vitriolic language would also seem so obvious as not worth mentioning but it is not done. The AOA advised its members to stop posting on this web page, reason, because management has access, rubbish, its because on this forum both points of view are expressed and arguments can be taken to an occasional logical conclusion. I have a shock for the AOA, management have access to Cprune also. Action taken, decisions not to acquaint the membership with all details of offers made, not completely stopping action against the company whilst ostensibly seeking negotiations etc. I tried in vain to convince people to accept the offer that included all captains on A scales. I would have convinced the 49ers that it was in the greater interest to accept that humbling 'interview to assess loyalty' before re-hiring and horribly I do not think all would have been re-hired, but most would. I am not one of those who believe ND and co have done a good job, quite to the contrary. On both side of this dispute there are egos and ulterior motives involved and these have no place in dispute moderation. As usual regards to you and yours. If you are a 49er then you have my greatest sympathy and if I can help you, without hurting others, that would be my earnest desire.