PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to get 30% rise
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2001, 14:17
Mike Mercury

Angry

Go for it guys. The best of luck. I belong to BRAL, or more accurately, BA CitiExpress. We see our purchase as a means of introducing an effective 'B' scale to BA to eventually screw you main line guys down even further. Most of us are quite happy being regional for the lifestyle, although that has changed a lot over the last two years. We hope to follow your efforts and achieve some sort of decent rise ourselves, but I think its very important BALPA use an inclusive tactic, or we may be used to take more and more BAR work to lower overheads there, and be used as the fodder for more Sunday Times articles.
We are only now just becoming BALPA, we are expecting to be able to negotiate with management now, instead of being ruled by diktat (and our Ops people have to be experienced to be believed!!!!!)

I think it would be in ALL our interests to cooperate on this one. BA mainline is the benchmark (or was) of the UK Airline industry. If BA don't stay ahead, we all suffer. Get Chris Darke off his well paid ass, and get something done.