PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning horns
Thread: Warning horns
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 15:25
bflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IT IS SCARY....i had a fellow who had flared high and excessively, sets the thrust lever to idle even with the airspeed decaying
after taking over and managing to set the aircraft on the runway again(barely)..and asking him why did he do such a thing...his answer was that he heard the RETARD call

The point is of course not enough training at basic flying techniques.
I was fortunate enough to have gone through the what used to be the normal way..i.e the basic navigation ..well basic everything actually and then progressed to 320s and i consider myself to be fortunate,in my airlines which is considered a 3rd world airlines we used to have the basic jet transition course on the SE super caravel then th B727 where you have air work,steep turns,stalls( departure,approach,landing,high altitude),engine failures t/o and ldg,actual emergency descend vor,ndb,raw data ils approaches,
I mean the works and those who made it through had a long spell at 2nd officer then 1st officer then maybe captain after a loooong way
now we have the zft,mcc,...etc and the outcome is a lot of poorly trained f/os later to be captains handling ever increasing complex aircrafts
It's not their fault actually..they were not trained properly..and if this issue...TRAINING...meaningful training is not addressed by institutions and regulators ASAP...then we all know what the outcome is going to be