PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2009, 10:12
skyshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems to me that people are not taking their conditions seriously....just sitting around whinging will not improve them
We do take our conditions seriously. We are proud to have (currently) the same work hour rules as Qantas short haul crew, and more take home pay then QCCA for example and other airlines/work contractors etc... And we would like nothing more than to keep it that way.

We have had numerous meetings (paid for) with management which was an opportunity to talk and listen (from both sides), as well as the opportunities to fill out surveys. Although certain things have not changed, a lot has. So we certainly have not sat around and whinged and not improved anything, although we have a looooooong way to go so I get the point on industrial action. Its quick, straight to the point and effective publicity. I have been involved in industrial action in the past. I would happily do it again although I wouldn't see it happening.

The unfortunate thing for Virgin Blue, is there are a large number of impressionable folk who get spooked easily.
That's why I don't see it happening.

The airline recalls easily the last EBA negotiations, which was dealt with the union (and passed positively with the FAAA) but over 90% of cabin crew voted it down. The airline now has bypassed the union, thinking that talking with the crew directly (and crew representatives) was a better option. But now the union is saying to vote no (as they don't endorse the proposal), and the crew are 50-50. This is why they've bypassed the union.

Although my decision to vote no is already made, just voting no for the fact it would help stop those crew transferring to international and those returning to London and getting that $2500 to selfishly screw us remaining crew over is enough for me not to change my mind.

With the voting on Monday, open for a few days, what's the ratio everyone thinks the count will be? Any guesses?

From what I see, I'm realistically thinking 65% NO 35% YES

By the way the youtube Zoolander clip was SO CORRECT! I cannot stop laughing! I hope its not the last laugh I have for a while...