PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keep clear of controlled airspace!
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 09:48
Nimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why have SRG just issued a recent instruction to remind ATCO's of the phrase ROCAS?

Because we have seen a huge increase in infringing aircraft into the London TMA zones, some of which have caused horrendous problems.

Even the Farnborough LARS service has not prevented some idiot pilots flying blindly into CAS.

So if you private pilots don't like the phrase I suggest you all learn to fly and navigate properly, show a marked decrease in infringers, then prove to the ATC world and SRG that you can be trusted. Then we may have no need to use the phrase ROCAS.

Until then you reap what you sow!!!

Also, in my opinion, any infringing pilot who is traced and it can be proved that they were responsible should have their flying licence immediatly removed!!!

Infringing aircraft are becoming a real menace, and if the ATCO does not achieve 5 miles and 5000ft separation from an "unknown", then it is filed as a loss of separation.

See why we are getting "jumpy", so until you flyers can prove to me that you are all capable of not infringing my zone, then I to will continue to use the phrase ROCAS and protect my arse!!!