PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whingeing Ryanfliers
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 08:37
GroundedSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicholas49

Please let me know where in my post above I am "whinging"?

All I was doing was pointing out that the starter of this post has on many, many occasions in various threads on this site constantly complained about BA, and I would like to know how he can defend FR while attacking BA.

I work in the travel business selling airline tickets, and have sold to both the leisure and corporate communities.

My issue with all airlines (not just FR) is regarding transparancy of pricing. The headline fare should now encompass all non optional extras.

Then if passengers want to add on anything else, its up to them.

My specific issue with FR is regarding their attitude to their customers when things do go wrong. You are left high and dry. I have never heard (or read on here) about FR showing any compassion/common sense assistance when things go wrong.
FR do not do business with Travel Agents - they describe Travel Agents as "ticket touts who mark up fares and rip off our customers".
I believe people should have the choice - many business people do not have the time to book their own flights (or the patience to navigate the booking site to ensure they have "ticked" or "unticked" the right boxes)

Once FR announced their "ban" on Travel Agents, we obviously still had forward bookings in the system, which FR had to honour.
When calling their call centre to ask any type of question, once it was established that the booking was made by a travel agent, FR hung up.

Oh - and in my personal experiance, FR have lost approx £98k in bookings that have been switched to other carriers.
We clearly explain to our clients that we can not book FR as FR will not allow us to do so; we then give the client the choice of either booking with FR direct, or travelling with a different airline via ourselves. The vast majority choose an alternative airline.