PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone been through US immigration recently?
Old 13th May 2002, 15:55
weetabix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Slim & FFF,

Well i've just been onto the US Embassy in London website and they've updated it since I last checked it a week or two ago. Last time I went there I left more confused than when I arrived. They've clarified it now, so i'm sure i'm OK for the length of stay to which i'm 'entitled'. It had been reported by the media (and the US embassy on the phone and website('i believe')) that the VWP and/or Student visa were to be shortened to 30 days.
This is what is written on the US Embassy website:

There have been several reports in the media concerning proposed changes to the rules governing visitors and students entering the United States. This has caused much confusion, especially for those travelers seeking to enter the U.S. visa free under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). We hope that the following will clarify any issues which have been raised.

The proposed changes do not apply to visa free travelers applying for admission into the United States under the VWP. Qualified VWP travelers will continue to be admitted for the full 90 day period.

The proposed changes will not automatically limit holders of B-2 visas to a visit of 30 days...
I feel more assured now and thought i'd post the above for anyone else in a similar position to myself!

cheers
weet