PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whingeing Ryanfliers
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2009, 22:54
Avman

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MOL must be $hitting himself only 63,599,999 passengers left using his service.
I think thereīs more than 1 pax turning away from RYR. No significant impact yet, but once the ball starts to roll.........? The airlineīs open contempt for its customers is going to cost them eventually.

FR's core customer is someone who can't afford to fly BA, LH, KLM
More like conned/brainwashed in believing they canīt afford to fly BA, LH, KLM. In fact, RYR is often not that much cheaper.

I travel regularly from Maastricht to Birmingham. My options are to travel initially by car to Brussels, Dusseldorf or Weeze. All three are roughly 1 hourīs drive. Amsterdam is too far away and out of the reckoning. I book my trips up to 4 months in advance. For my particular circumstances (bag to check in for instance) I find that once past the initial low fare quotes made by Flybe (DUS) and RYR (Weeze) the end total comes to within a few Euros of the total Brussels Airlines fare (BRU). Brussels Airlines booking process is easy and up front with regard to what you pay. Furthermore, free self-allocated seat upon web check-in, FF program, and above all the feeling that you are treated all the way as a valued customer. Cheapest of all, but only in July and August (for obvious reasons) is Lufthansa. I wonder how many RYR customers who actually want to travel to Dusseldorf in July or August would even consider checking Lufthansa fares? Theyīve been brainwashed into thinking there canīt be cheaper than the likes of RYR. But how long for?

Of course we need competition to keep prices realistic, but not in the direction RYR is going. Thatīs not competition, thatīs taking the pi$$ out of your customers.