PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whingeing Ryanfliers
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2009, 17:07
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whingeing Ryanfliers

Is it just me or does everyone have to groan and gripe about the poison dwarf's airline?

Ryaniar are only there to make money and the more the better. They do this by operating on a tight margin but perpetually lowering their exposure to risk, increasing revenue and reducing costs. This is only possible becuse they know that the size of the market is significantly greater than the number of passengers they need to make their business model work i.e. they don't rely on any loyalty and expect repeat passengers will take a decision on their travel needs based only on individual need and price. This clearly suits lots and lots of people.

I cannot see the point in moaning about Ryanair as it it a pointless and no doubt fruitless exercise - they won't listen and I doubt they actually care what people say. If it makes more money for Ryanair they will do whatever they need.

Charging for aspects of a journey that generate additional charges for the airline is eminently sensible. If you can check in online - check in online - it's free. If you want someone else to do it for you, and it's not difficult, then pay the charge.

I have never and probably willnever fly with the Ryan because I usually have a choice of airlines and I prefer quality over price. Eveyone has a choice. If you choose ryanair please don't keep on complaining - you know what your going to get before you book your ticket.