PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 14th May 2009, 15:56
extralegroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confused

If you read the news release on the FR website carefully, nowhere is there a distinction made between pax travelling with hold luggage and pax travelling without. So I guess I have two questions:

1) Will this £5 online check-in fee apply both to pax travelling with hold baggage and to those travelling without?

2) Will this £5 fee be ALL that hold-baggage pax have to pay? Somehow I doubt it ...

Online check-in, being free as it was, used to be the incentive to travel with only one item of hand baggage. Now though, it seems, even if you've only got cabin baggage, you're being charged £5 for the "privilege" of using your own computer, printer and ink to print off your boarding pass?! Isn't this daylight robbery? I understand that Ryanair, even with all these charges, often work out cheaper than their competitors. I as a consumer, however, object to being so unashamedly ripped off. Wouldn't it be far better PR for Ryanair just to incorporate this charge into their fares rather than (pardon the pun) taking us for a ride?