PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 14th May 2009, 10:04
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good business opportunity here - set up a stall near the Ryanair checkin with a computer, 3G modem for internet link and a printer and charge people €10 to print their boarding pass.
Although a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, sadly it won't work. As we discovered in December, you have to print off the boarding pass at the moment you make the booking. Unlike other airlines, you can't come back later, access your booking, and print off the boarding pass the night before you head off or at the airport.

Or so it was for us.

I had made the booking on a computer which wasn't linked to a printer. When I later wanted to print off the boarding pass I couldn't access the particular webpage containing the printable boarding pass. This meant that having access to a computer and printer didn't help and we were forced to pay for normal check-in despite having no bags! Perhaps things will change with the new system, but somehow I doubt it...