PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 14th May 2009, 09:45
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good business opportunity here - set up a stall near the Ryanair checkin with a computer, 3G modem for internet link and a printer and charge people €10 to print their boarding pass. It's cheaper than MOL is asking, and provided you're nice to the airport management and give them a cut, you might not get moved on.
Love it!

Funily enough I had a similar idea along the lines of selling 50 quid old bangers for 500 quid outside of a car dealers, so people could reclaim the 2 grand government scrappage bonus!

I cannot beleive that this shoddy airline will be around in its current form for much longer.

I also firmly beleive that the EU should clamp down on this sort of dodgy marketing.
Any 'fees' that are not optional should be forced to be advertised in the headline price.
i don't mind e.g thomas cook wanting to charge me 10 quid for a meal - because I can choose not to have it, but you cannot choose not to check in, not to pay etc etc on ryanair. A 20 quid ticket turns into 100 quid and none of those extras are optional.
They are not the only people who do this - i also get fed up with ticketmaster charging me 60 quid for a 45 ticket.
Surely if something is advertised at a given price you should have the option of actually paying that price, sure if you want extras you can have them, but if you don't then you should be able to pay the advertised price. The car industry were forced to do that a decade ago - why not this horrible little company?