PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA premature ADS-B mandate will result in even more pilots losing jobs
Old 14th May 2009, 07:36
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joker

From one owner to another Owen is a multiple owner, although that changes at times....just like all of us including you, so what the heck has that to do with this discussion.

I think I am going to take a leaf out of Keg's book (if you do not mind Keg) and suggest you have become an ADSB TROLL............. Of course Keg would say dont't feed them which is what I just did .

I see you are paranoid about it creeping below FL290 hey....big brother charging you for not receiving a service in class G

Dehav driver....... I believe the costs for the Boeing and Airbus guys could well be 100K, however for the masses of GA they could well be much lower in a short time, including Dick's CJ3. I think Collins just charge what they like. But pressure will come with volume. Ask joker about the economies of scale. He knows only too well that if one of the common products he markets were only built in batches of 100-1000 the costs would be more than 5 times what we the consumer pays.

Again I share Dicks concern about 100K fitting for GA jets...... but volume will be the only thing that helps that. How does one see more volume?