PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Commanders Conference
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2009, 07:57
EK_Bus Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Lunatics are definitely running the Asylum!

Wizard you are 100% correct.

The other day A.A.R. actually graced us with his presence towards the end of the meeting and muttered something largely un intelligible and completely undid any good that TCAS, E.D. and M.M. might have achieved in 1 hour and 40 minutes (only took him about 1 minute to do so) but along the lines of:

“guys, you are here to work, why I should let you live in UK or US or Australia. If a guy wants the time and says give me this day and that day, and give me this trip and that one, why I should give?”

...and then proceeded to lose us completely in some other rant about time and company cost/expense?? However, the cringing and the obvious body language that TCAS displayed were absolutely PRICELESS! Almost worth while attending. Everyone was watching TCAS not listening to “Idle”.

I would have to disagree on the point that was made earlier about the efficacy of the meeting. Some relevant and well structured questions were asked by most of the attendees, TCAS said in his opening address that he wants us to “work with him” but both he and E.D. dismissed F.D.L. / Fatigue and Morale issues quite vigorously. It was quite obvious they are in complete DENIAL (probably directed from above?). After that the questions dried up and the rest of the meeting was a lecture, the main point we all took home was; that we are over stocked with Pilots and the “Zero tolerance policy is in effect”.

Safe Flying to all.

Nothing will change until the “Idle” factor is removed.