PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Commanders Conference
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 08:32
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give 'em hell SS! I think jinglied is simply expressing a (rightfully) cynical point of view, not advocating burying the head. I'm all for going down fighting...but these cowards don't operate by conventional rules. It's all about sneaky, ass-covering, hiding behind carefully timed and worded memos and emails and FCI's and unreturned calls and deflected responsibility. That's why morale is in the toilet and there is zero respect for the "leaders"...they aren't leading, they're panicking. The current economic climate is exposing their true lack of leadership ability and like something that lives under a rock that's been lifted they're scuttling about to avoid getting the boot heel. (Laminated "Uniform Standards" card, anyone?!) It's both astonishing and painful to observe.

Meanwhile the troops soldier on, taking casualties while those in higher ranks blithely escape any sort of accountability. Thus was it ever in any army.

I think my favourite "soundbite" from one of these meetings was when TCAS was asked "So when are YOU going to get sacked?". He didn't answer.