PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jetstar curfew fine at YSSY
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2009, 20:50
'holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you click on the word 'operator' :
"operator" of an aircraft means a person who conducts an aircraft operation using the aircraft.
Sounds like the PIC to me.

Vaguely remember a NOTAM about the ARFF from a few weeks ago. Anyway, not all that relevant really. The point I was trying to make was after specifically being told that a dispensation wasn't available, if you departed anyway and had to return, evacuate with pax injured in the process where would that leave the PIC as far as future litigation.

I don't really want to get into a back and forth discussion about Curfew Acts, ARFF etc etc. FWIW I think the Sydney curfew is a joke and that the decision to depart was safe, was in the best interest of the pax and made good commercial sense. I just believe the PIC was leaving himself open to further repercussions. Not having a dig at him. Afterall, you and I have just had a leisurely read through the act, a luxury he didn't have. But I would like to think if I found myself in that situation I wouldn't blindly do what Ops told me to do. My lack of knowledge about the law would cast enough doubt in my mind not to go.