PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keep clear of controlled airspace!
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2009, 17:09
Riverboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, 2 Sheds, not a wind up. Yes, my mistake for stating "clear". I appreciate that this would not be said. But, OK, are you saying that we pilots, under these circumstances, have to make an assumption? And that any advice given (you would call it an "instruction") is only valid whilst in the area that the Unit is controlling? Can you tell me where I can read all this up, please?

And why, if I am leaving a Zone (such as the CI Zone) should I be given any instructions at all from a unit I am leaving behind? They are not alone in doing this.

Having read all the postings I do feel that ATCOs working terminal areas do see this matter differently to those working in the sticks. The former are understandably concerned about GA aircraft (in particular) inadvertently entering their airspace, and for good reason. There is no objection to them telling an aircraft to remain outside CAS but it would be helpful sometimes, I suspect, to actually to point out where the CAS is that they are maybe going to infringe.

That is not the circumstance I was, and am, concerned about, but I guess we are all ready to move on so I'll just thank the majority for their constructive comments, and do just that. But I don't think the current situation is ideal.