PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 9th May 2009, 07:30
Golf Sierra Sierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Load Factors - last 6 months view

As a regular SLF traveller, I have actually seen a change in the last 6 months to 9 months. Load factors have INCREASED.

My experiences are a mix of short and long haul, primarily with BA, easyJet and Ryanair. BA and easyJet flights have been between 95% to 100% full - mostly 100% full. The worst load factor I have encountered was on a Ryanair flight which was approx 70% full. Having travelled for the last 20 years and I can not recall a period where I have seen such a step up in load factors - it certainly was not this full a year or so back.

I checked the schedules and routes etc to see if flights have been chopped and thus load factors increased as there are less flights to a specified destination - but I don't see it. There appear to be, if anything, more destinations, especially in the low cost route networks.

Airports appear just as busy as always - I don't see any decline, especially having waited so many hours of my life in queues !!

I don't see a down-turn from a passenger perspective - my SLF experience is the inverse.

GSS