PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFO Update 08MAY09
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2009, 03:54
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post Dragon, I think you hit the nail right on the head.

It was all this tough talk and finally seeing some backbone from the AOA that got many to join. They saw this tough stance that the union was taking against the company, and they thought it was about time to join the fight.

People didn't join the AOA in the past few months to "loose battles but win the war". We have been loosing too many battles as it is, we can't afford to loose more. Unless you win some battles, then you are loosing the war. People want action, they don't care what the outcome might be as long as they put up a fight.

Caving in to SLS to achieve some meager improvements, which aren't really improvements - was a big sellout. You can get on here and defend the AOA all you want, but at the end of the day, this is the majority's view. This will cost the AOA a lot of members by the end of this year, and could spell the end of the organization, especially if management comes back for more.

Even though I don't think it is warranted, I've already helped CX by giving half of my 13th month and receiving no profit share. You can bet that they will probably take away 13th month next year. We have no control of this adjustment to our remuneration - you do have control of the SLS option. Send a message to the directors that you don't agree with the way this place is being managed. If you agree to SLS you are supporting the way in which we are being managed, and you are making TT and NR's bonus that much bigger. Do you think they deserve that???

This company is being managed in the same way as a Hong Kong taxi experience. What is needed right now is a light application of the brake to reduce speed, but what they are doing is slamming on the brake, just to slam on the gas pedal in a few months.