PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFO Update 08MAY09
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2009, 15:56
Dragon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frogman, there is no doubt in my mind that you are a committee member the way you defend the actions of the AoA. Granted there may be a bit too much AoA bashing, but I must admit, most of it is warranted. At least admit that the AoA is wrong in supporting SLS.

You obviously have no idea on how many different interests there in the pilot body.
Please explain to me how SLS is benefiting certain crews, or do you think that some crews prefer taking a 16% pay cut. Do you actually believe that the company is in a dire financial state??? have you been privy to certain financial data that spells doom for Cathay??? What about the billions in cash reserve??? What was the point of slaving away for years, without any improvements to salary, and conditions, to make them all that money when they would rather have the employees bear the burden on a scheme that would save them absolute peanuts compared to what they have in the bank. And this we are assuming that Cathay at the present is operating at a loss, which I don't believe it to be true.

For months the AoA had been disputing NR's weekly update, and for once I thought, finally an AoA with some backbone, but as soon as management said jump, some in the AoA were too eager to jump off the roof of the headland. I am certainly with Sqwak, I am just flabbergasted as to why the AoA would approve SLS.

Look what happened the last time we went "More Militant", it took us years of bending over to get the Union to where it is today. Slowly and with time it is getting harder and harder for management to change things.
Now that is priceless!!!! Where exactly is the union today??? 'cause it is obvious that you're still bent over!!!