PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: TodayTonight: communication difficulties Monday
Old 8th May 2009, 09:07
TwoTango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merged: TodayTonight: communication difficulties Monday

Just caught the end of TodayTonight (was running through channels, not a regular watcher, I'd rather have a lobotomy without anaesthetic, which I guess is what TodayTonight is...), and they were previewing a segment on Monday. They've apparently recorded aircraft communications which are not able to be understood. Seemed to be typical "danger in the skies" sort of stuff.

I'll be interested to see just how bad it is portrayed as being. I know for a fact there are some woeful radio calls that get made out there (my all-time favourite, even though it wasn't particularly hard to understand, was the aircraft which announced it was "joining mid-cross-downwind"), but I wonder if this will be a typical media beat up. I'll laugh if it turns out the conversations are perfectly intelligible, the journos just can't understand what any of it means.

Anyone care to bet on which of their stock of 'aviation experts' they'll roll out to discuss this one?

TT

Edit: just realised what my signature is. Rest assured, I have nothing to do with the televisual 'TangoTango'.