PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why a vote on COS08 improvements?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2009, 04:26
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you have not yet provided an answer could you please tell all those new joiners on COS 08 what you consider their choices were?
I don't think that battle should be fought by new-joiners. That is similar to the hiring ban, which while it kept some away, it did not work.

It was always our responsibility to prevent COS08 from happening, and the fight is still not over. Only a small minority is on COS08 and we can stop that minority from growing, that is my strategy. Bringing improvements to COS08 only gets more people to take the trap.

In todays economic climate it is impossible to negotiate a good deal. Why do you think that the company is trying to force this ****t deal down our throat? They only have a little longer before the recovery starts gaining traction, that is why the timeline is so short. They know that they won't have a leg to stand on in a couple of months.

And once it does turn around we could use the shortage of pilots to our advantage. We are still understaffed, which is proven by the fact that they haven't assigned contractual leave. You honestly think that SLS will equate to time off for anyone? Wrong, why do you think they have this bull****t ghosted credit? Why not get the regular 2hrs credit? Because they plan on abusing it, that is why. And the flight pay you will get back in return is a token you won't even notice. Not when you are taking such a significant pay cut.

Both deals are ****t, and seeing others willingly accept them makes me feel like I am in an episode of "The Twilight Zone".