PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Distance Learning- changing ones job that funds this madness
Old 11th May 2002, 22:36
BUDGIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I could fall into the category you describe.
I was at uni. studying an IT based degree when I got approached to work full time in IT - 4 on 4 off - with only a year to go to degree.
I accepted and started the pos. before Sept. 11th but decided to continue with the training anyway instead of going back to uni.
Why did I leave? They offered me more dosh than an FO on most jets and more time off (they agreed to let me go for the CPL and IR and still have a job when I came back)
Was it a good decision? Very and I don't regret it, I can always return to uni if the flying job don't come up.
The 4 on 4 off scenario really helped with the ATPL's too, better that than studying while/after uni. The job change has entirely accelerated my flying training by a good few years no doubt(personally wouldn't like to be graduating this year and looking for an IT job, theres not a great number that pay well).
Basically I think I was/am fairly unique rgds the job, but I guess it depends entirely on your own situation!

BUDGIE