PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keep clear of controlled airspace!
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 14:16
mr.777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another bad thing about it is that it is being uttered by rote. Just another thing ATCOs always say. Something that eventually you do not hear, or heed. ATCOs are being drilled so much they are becoming robotic, and eventually they will be replaced by computers. Frankly, it's a bit pathetic.
Your attitude is, I hope, not representative of the entire GA community....because "frankly" it stinks.

I would suggest that you have never seen the consequences of one of your GA chums infringeing LL or KK airspace and the amount of problems it causes when we have to break a/c off the approach or send them around because some idiot thought he had clearance to enter CAS. This is why we say ROCAS. It is not something done by rote. It is something done to protect our licences.

What you and your buddies tend to forget is that we are providing an IFR approach service into a major airfield. If we have time to deal with you we will....if not then sorry, but remain outside CAS and route aorund the zone.

And before you get all high and mighty, 2 things...

1) A lot of GA pilots are perfectly capable of good navigation. To those of you to which this applies, this response is not intended to offend you.

2) I would suggest you get yourself down to TC at Swanwick , preferably on a Bank Holiday weekend like the one just gone ( a record number of infringers I believe) and see what REALLY goes on before casting aspersions on myself and my robotic colleagues.