PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keep clear of controlled airspace!
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 09:58
Midland Transport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep "CLEAR" of CAS

I have to agree with Standard Noise post. As a GA pilot(Commercial IFR Rated) of a twin Turbo Prop aircraft the standard of R/T is very mixed. I fly out of Coventry and BHam on a regular basis sometimes IFR sometimes VFR and sometimes on an airways flight plan. Bham ATC make life very difficult and have a very arrogant attitude towards GA aircraft and do little to help. As someone who prides himself as a GA pilot to maintain the quality of R/T displayed by the Big Iron world I get very frustrated when BHam even when there is minimal traffic under their control respond with KCOCAS when trying to reach Coventry forcing you through a very narrow corridor to the East of the Zone. I feel fortunate that I have TCAS and would not use that corridor without. Contrast this with London who do everything possible to help pilots in to Biggin despite a much more conjested airspace. I agree that the statement KCOCAS is important and makes thnigs very clear when the airways are busy.
My ask is that ATCO treat others as they would like to be treated themselves if they were pilots. I cannot praise London enough and suggest Luton and BHam controllers spend time in their company it would be a good training excercise!