PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victor Airborne (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2009, 20:51
Cypherus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watched this lot from the outset, interesting the way some prefer the hysterical approach while others take the more consider one.

While the incident was unfortunate the debate will rage on I am sure until the CAA give a statement on the matter, I for one doubt they will see it as anything other than Pilot, err! ‘Driver’ error and recommend that said personnel read up on the flight notes for the Victor with particular interest being paid to ground handling.

Mild rebuff maybe but we must all understand that the Victor in a light state is a sporty piece of tackle and taken as they do close too Vr will simply lift off if not handled with care, that the aircraft is banned from intentional flight by virtue of not having a C of A does not mean it is incapable, something the owners are I know well aware given the amount of maintenance they lavish upon the beast and right now I am also certain that they are very concerned as too the future of their charge.

Speculate if you must, but It is my understanding that this event is the first to be recorded, but I suspect not the first time a short hop has resulted or almost occurred due too wind conditions with this airframe and others, only the owners really know what happened and why, maybe we should all wait until they let us know the details if they feel they are able too.