PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why a vote on COS08 improvements?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2009, 18:47
IFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limited posts does not man lack of experience, but instead the fact that I have a life and so do not spend hours on this forum! Wonder if you can say the same?

You and I will just have to agree to disagree and I see little point in either one of us trying to change the other POV because it just wont happen.

Fact is if I choose to stay on 99, but vote to keep others from bettering their COS in the knowledge that my COS will not change then I just could not live with myself!! You are one special breed And I thought you said you did not expect others to fight your battles! Nice one

In my opinion your opinion is lousy but hey if voting to screw over you less fortunate work mates gets you what YOU want then I guess in your special world of 1 the ends justify the means.

Now that COS 08 is here with about 15% of crews on it you are deluded if you think the company will have a change of heart and put everybody onto COS 99 just because some voted to stay on 99 and no to SLS. I don't suggest giving up because things are too hard, but that we lost that particular battle years ago and it is now a lost cause. Ever heard the phrase "flogging a dead horse" in your special world? As of now we should be practising damage limitation and grab everything we can when it is on the table because soon as the vote goes against the company the sweeteners will go never to be seen again. By the way how is your 3% payrise as of the first of Jan 09........Oh hang on a minute we did'nt get one. Thats right it is because the company took that sweetener off the table because the GC could not put COS 08 to the vote. Seems that worked out well for everybody! Not trying to say that the GC were wrong in that case, but just wondering if you have learnt the lesson about history repeating itself! No oh well. As for COS14 well I guess time will be the jury on that one, but if I do not like it and if they give me the choice to stay on 99 or 08 or whatever COS I am on, then I will make my choice knowing that I did not push other drowning men under to better my own position.

You cannot say the same.