PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - 1800 jobs to go this year
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2001, 12:34
LargeJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few points:

Why are the job cuts being termed as 'across the board'? Does this mean that there will be less Board members?

If the likes of Ryanair, Easyjet and Go can all make money carrying passengers around Europe, we can't BA?
a) If people want to turn up, get on, paying for their drinks etc then that's fine. Time BA stopped pratting around realised what many CUSTOMERS want (not all I agree. However, there is a divider on the a/c) and start doing the same.........and b)The low cost carriers only charge £29, or whatever, on a small number of seats, the majority of their seats are often more expensive than BA's seats (who incidentally also take you to the major airport and not a back water 50 miles away) Why oh why do BA not stop being so gentlemanly and tell the public this in no uncertain terms? If they are offering better value for money make the public aware.
Desk-pilot this would be a far better job for the Marketing Dept. then working on a readvertising campaign for Concorde - leave that to the likes of the Daily Mail and BBC et al they seem to be doing a pretty good job so far. To highlight this point - when did BA say that they hope to start flying Concorde again? and how much profit did it generate last year? I bet many of us know the answers to both these questions and they certainly didn't come out of any BA marketing spectacular. Come on guys sharpen your vision!

Finally, we come to Guvnor!!

Guvnor - I'm sure that if you're not already paying yourself a CEO salary for your ground hugging airline that you will be as soon as you get an aircraft into the air. I presume that you would like a 'market rate' salary for this position? All we as pilots want is the same thing!

Now back to my water music [img]null[/img]