PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career Advice from current pilots..?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2009, 00:12
GAZ45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou for all the great answers guys... and please keep them coming. I dont know about anyone else but during all your wannabe days before you became a pilot, you must of surely like me, been very confused with all the different routes you can take. The one in particular which people keep mentioning is doing some of the courses in your spare time to limit debt rather than getting a huge loan and crippling yourself with debt.

Does anyone have some sound advice on how to do this part time, ie. do you mean working and getting your PPL and hours in in your spare time? and if so, whats the best route to take to then allow me to make that final jump into the industy?

i must say, the current finances involved in going to OAA is pretty mental to be honest, in the end id be looking at 70k worth of debt, that would be ontop of my university debt too....for obvious reasons i need advice on what to do.....help me guys! Is there any way to get into this industry without signing up to a decade of debt??

Cheer, Ga