PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are things picking up ?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2002, 10:10
shaablamm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re all the posts with positive responces and encouragement.

I have alot to say on this as does everyone else it seems.
I am wondering about something.

Many of you posted with comments referring to the people who worked and work hard, will make it. Firstly I can mention a hell of alot of people who didn't in the last 12 years and they are still trying. How much harder do they have to work? Secondly, how do the cadets in the worlds airlines these days, fit in to that 'worked hard for this I deserve it' category. Enlighten me. Some people are just plain lucky, rich etc etc. Yes they worked hard at school but didn't everyone. I have nothing against cadets at all, it's just the way aviation has leant, and will continue too, over the last decade.

I feel sorry for the people who have been putting up with all the crap that GA can offer and not getting the respect and ride that they wanted when they started in this unforgiving industry. I know how it feels to train an eighteen year old only to see them get through the system before you. There isn't any reason nor justice in it. Maybe things will change re pilot recruitment when the real hard workers finally get in and subsequently into
management/ recruitment.

For those who feel the need don't bother roasting me it would be everso boring and not worth the trouble.