PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ask not what your union can do for you... discuss.
Old 5th May 2009, 06:58
AltFlaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi excrab,

I too work for the company you're talking about (bootiful spelling by the way). I was one of the lucky one's - I kept my job ...

BALPA have not contacted anyone internally either (which I know is of no comfort). Since the day of the redundancies (3 months ago), NOT A SINGLE communique has been issued either by BALPA 'main' or the company council.

Having seen behavior like this from BALPA before, I decided it was time for them to stop taking the pi$s out of me (again), so I quit. The membership woman was not surprised and frankly couldn't care less. All she was interested in was 'keeping me' until the end of the month because the paperwork was then easier for her!

This is the 3rd time I've quit BALPA over the years - I WILL NOT be joining again. A quick calculaton ... I've paid them approx £8000 since I've been flying.

I know that many other pilots have quit from the base that suffered the redundancies ...

I hope things aren't too grim where you are ... and that you make it back soon (assuming the germans leave us alone)

B