PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leave entitlement ???
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2002, 07:22
Desert Crash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Leave Entitlement

Baz,

The problem we have in Hand Breake Mansion and in all Sqns at Stns is that whether we like it or not we are all governed by Management Plans which rely on the stats as objective data to support management objectives for example CCS, fitness test passes et al. If we show that 98% of people took the fitness test and his objective was for 90% of people to pass it then the Staish can say that he is ensuring his people are fit and met his target you get the jist? So going back to leave we can accurately report how much leave is being rejected, as long as the leave passes get to us. The problem we ALL have is bosses who invariably will try and persuade you to change your dates rather than sign up a rejected leave pass. The issue here is that we are all to "can do" orientated and talking to the aircrew here, you are mercilessly tasked until you stay stop! The issue I think is at Sqn level in the first instance and getting the Sqn boss to pass the stats at Stn Execs. He/she can then point out that in these busy times we can't have it all ways round, yes you will meet the task but leave stats will go through the floor! the Staish gets to choose! Glad to have helped previously, just wary of the ***** Admin Guru types and didn't want to be tarred with the same brush! I will continue to monitor for other Admin issues and will help if I can.