PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb and Dumber: A Tale of Two Unions.
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2009, 15:04
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post They were the worst of times, they were the worst of times.

I must get to the point that your tale has no real point.
ON the contrary, Whistle Blower, the truth is you choose to ignore the point. Under your leadership, whoops, sorry about that, under the leadership of Evan-the poisoned pygmy-Cullen, the IALPA membership of Aer Lingus has been intimidated into investing in the doomed Tailwind scandal, and because these moneys were used to make leveraged investments of Aer Lingus stock, a stock which has plummeted in value, they are not only looking at losses of their initial investments, but many, many, MANY multiples of it, since the ‘strategy’ has proved to be naught but a squalid, ignominious failure. My conservative estimates put that at over €500,000 for every man and woman flying for Aer Lingus who was dumb enough to invest in Tailwind in the first place. You must be so proud!

Undeterred by this fiasco, IALPA intends this week to march into the office of the Taoiseach and demand the state makes up your grotesque shortfall in Aer Lingus pension funds! I can only imagine the colourful language that'll fly from Leinster House that day! Do me a favour, Whistleblower. Take a video recorder and put in on Youtube afterwards, will you?

You just don't get it, do you. Incompetence and rank, unbridled stupidity cannot be eclipsed or hidden by bellicose attempts at recruiting by IALPA and your friends across the water in Perfidious Albion. I can only shake my head in disbelief at the shortsightedness in reporting Ryanair pilots to the revenue authorities of the UK and Ireland, and yes ladies and gentlemen, this has indeed been done by your friends and mine, those stalwart supporters of the working pilot, IALPA and BLAPA.

The tax compliance question will be resolved in short order. The much, much more interesting question, is just what sort of support you expect to receive in return from the contractors at Ryanair, and you and I both know they're not an insignificant number, to put it mildly, when the truth comes out that you and BLAPA have grassed them up to the authorities?

Have you thought this through, boys? I mean, your strength only ever comes from an implicit threat to strike. Just how effective do you think that position will be when your striking members are home earning nothing but BLAPA gratitude, and Ryanair runs on regardless with BRK contractors, tax compliant every one, all of whom have very, VERY long memories?

Dignity and Respect my arse! You’re seeking to draw a blind over your own hubristic stupidity, and BLAPA’s unique lack of fitness for purpose.