PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Flight Plan Question
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2009, 17:58
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like Talloway might have been the person who was involved in the "cost cutting exercise". Sorry for rattling your cage!

However, you seem to think that a person who has no one available to act as responsible person is as you say "Billy no mates" but the pervious incarnation of the UK system for good reason made an allowance for such a situation and had a defined procedures for nominating the parent unit as the responsible person.

Clearly you seem to be of the opinion that air traffic services should be preformed simply as a result of the good will of ATC staff willing to do something that they are not required to do and for the Pilots to do their own ATS.

I am sure that many watch supervisors at the ACC or some other ATS unit will help out in such a case but there is no requirement for them to do so.

Very surprised that you have not read the AIP regarding when a flight plan should be filed.

You also seem to unaware of the fact that even a non-radio aircraft it entitled to an alerting service for their entire flight if they file a plan and get it activated.

Not anti-UK is any form. Simply questioning why other providers are extending their services in these areas and providing the full ICAO service to flights in the UK while NATS is reducing the service provided.

Two UK operators are in discussions regarding this new system - they must all be failed ATCOs who hate the UK

Thanks to those that actually answered my questions.

Regards,

DFC

PS Talloway, No I have not even tried. I probably would fail if I did!! However I don't know what hold failed ATCOs have over NATS because it seems that everyone who asks an akward question must be (according to you) a failed ATCO.

Thankfully we dont hear "you must be a failed pilot" when flight crew are asked a question - ops sorry that would be an ATCO (Old joke)

Last edited by DFC; 3rd May 2009 at 18:24.