PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help Me Please !!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:47
Miles Gustaph

Location: Behind a dusty desk, and in some really hot, dusty, wet and cold places subject to who is paying the bill. But mostly Gods own land.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub,
the understanding and eloquence of your point above are to be commend and I believe that there is merit in most of what you say, I do however disagree that effective use of the internet as a medium for seeking support on an issue such as this is wholly inappropriate.

I would also like to suggest that Carlin perhaps rented his aircraft for a flying school? I guess they would be ever-so happy to know a client has had a medical scare and hasn't seen a doctor, but hey he asked advice on a web-site...

The passion and desire to fly is one that is shared industry wide, but it is never acceptable for a single persons desire to fly to endanger others.

Calins incident may indeed be nothing and it doesn't reoccur, great for everyone.

What if he has a medical problem? From the use of language, inflection and tone of Calin's post, the fact he is 39 in Miami, has made other posts that wouldn't make it too hard to identify him... how if he does have an accident, even if he doesnt kill himself or anyone else, how as a proffessional group can anyone defend him asking for help here regardless of any remorse shown for his actions rather than going streight to a doctor? and what do we say as a proffessional industry when the press track him down and cross reference him to this thread, what do we say...