PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help Me Please !!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:09
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before we get too carried away here, it is worth remembering that the author has come on here anonymously to ask for help in relation to a problem he has recently experienced. He has already stated without ambiguity that his action on the day was irresponsible and all credit to him for that. I suspect that he already knows the appropriate course of action, but is seeking reassurance and support.

Clearly the only proper advice can be given in a direct meeting with a doctor, who can then refer the matter as he or she sees fit. However it is worth using this thread to underline the point, that many if not most of us, and men in particular, are very adept at cloaking ourselves in denial even when we know there is a problem. As such, I really don't think "airmanship" and the like really comes into it. Nor is it a reason to be particularly "horrified."

As an industry, we encourage and advocate people to let others learn and sometimes help from the mistakes or experiences that otherwise would simply go unreported. This poster is effectively using this media to do both that, and seek advice and reassurance.

I have no doubt that the poster would never have intentionaly placed his 7 year old son, and other close family members in any form of jeopardy knowingly. He made a decision, that with the benefit of hindsight he knew to be wrong. Who amongst us hasn't done that? He has come on here asking for advice, not criticism.