PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Romania Info
Thread: Romania Info
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2009, 19:58
Defbond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romania Info

Hello,

I am currently looking at converting my FAA ATP into a JAA ATPL. My main goal is to obtain work in Romania, preferably Carpatair, since I am a Romanian citizen and used to live in the area(Timisoara). I have about 4300 hrs total time with enough experience to skip the type rating course during the conversion, so its just a matter of passing the 14 exams, getting a medical and passing the practical.

My question to you would be, what is the company outlook in regards to hiring at Carpatiar, or even Tarom in the next few months? What is approx pay for FO? I have read anywhere between 900 and 2000 euro per month net, is this correct? I would be very happy to hear from anybody working there, feel free to PM.

If your wondering why I would want to leave the States to do this, its been kind of a goal of mine to return home and I am currently furloughed from my company with hopes of getting called back anytime soon being slim to none. The money invested into converting my license is a risk I am willing to take. Thanks in advance for any help or advice and fly safe