PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo pilot life
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2009, 14:35
sapco2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've spent the majority of my career (22 years) flying passengers, long haul & short haul, mainly in the charter industry. Had some great fun at times, and done some varied & interesting work but overall give me a freight pilot's job any day! I do miss the hosties if I'm honest... but that's just about all I miss!

Been flying freight now for over 7 years and seen a huge turnover of pilots in the company I work for, mostly from guys who just want to get a variety of experience under their belts. .

Unless you're one of those who really can't cope with night work, you should find freight flying less fatiguing than working in the passenger industry. You probably won't need to set an alarm clock ever again, and in my case I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually worked into discretion over 7 years. My flights hours average about 300 PA (far less than the hours I used to fly).

It's horses-for-courses; life is "one big-book", and you'll need to cram as many interesting chapters in that book as you can!

Last edited by sapco2; 1st May 2009 at 14:47.