PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA to approve SLS
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2009, 03:35
Darling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Flap10

"Completely disagree! There are still many unanswered questions about the need for SLS, and especially the unfair terms of the SLS. The AoA should have taken a stronger position."

Irrelevant. Fact: The Company has linked SLS to COS.

Unfortunately the rest of the Cathay workforce is paying the price too. This is not about whether the Company is going through a cash crisis - it may be or it may not be. The point is that it is linked for industrial purposes. Justify it in those terms.

If we get some icing on the cake for the AOA to endorse it, great. If the icing on the cake is not good enough, don't endorse it.

Lets wait and see what they are actually endorsing.

"There is still ten days left and they have already endorsed the scheme."

I am hoping you are a member that hasn't read the update yet. The deadline has been extended to the 18 May. Its all within the AOA rules.

"Maybe I got my facts wrong but it was the committee under the leadership of ST that were trying to sell us CoS08, in the end the membership had the sense to turn it down."

That was then, this is now. Now is not the time to be asking for more money or reminiscing about the past. The AOA can move forward as a single group while recommending different selections for different groups. They will do this to reduce the total number of contracts and simplify the demographics. There will be a few fringe dwellers that we must accept. eg If I were a young A-Scaler I wouldn't be signing anything, or if I were and aged-challenged, junior FO, I would probably take COS08.

The AOA will say "this is an individual decision". Think about it. What your personal decision is, is probably the best decision for the AOA as a whole too.

Lets put age 65 to bed, while keeping bypass pay alive. Move forward together and "live to fight stronger", when we are more likely to win the PR war.

Last edited by Darling; 1st May 2009 at 05:02. Reason: Literacy