PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA to approve SLS
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2009, 03:07
Flap10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just remember that if it was not for the AOA, we would have had the Cos08 imposed on us in Aug 2007!!!
Maybe I got my facts wrong but it was the committee under the leadership of ST that were trying to sell us CoS08, in the end the membership had the sense to turn it down. You're giving to much credit to the AoA for that one! Furthermore, no CoS can be imposed on you unless the terms of the contract are an improvement to the old one.

SLS is still voluntary that is why we don't vote on it!!! It would not matter if the AOA did not endorse it, it would still be offered and knowing the divisiveness of the pilot body i think most would have signed anyway! So all the AOA have done is make the best of a bad situation, thats all!!!
Completely disagree! There are still many unanswered questions about the need for SLS, and especially the unfair terms of the SLS. The AoA should have taken a stronger position. There is still ten days left and they have already endorsed the scheme. Although it is an individual choice, you certainly would have had a larger number saying NO if the AoA had recommended its members to say NO to SLS. The masses that were teetering have a perfect excuse to accept SLS now with the attitude of, "oh well the AoA is endorsing it, so I better do it"!

FOCX is completely right with his first post! It's like that poodle that thinks it's a doberman and barks at you from a distance, but as soon as you approach it, it scurries back into hiding.