PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2009, 20:34
Flying Yorkshireman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nostalgia

Leezyjet,

Don't suppose you have a pic of the mural on the wall of the old cafe do you ?. Was such a shame they got rid of that.
Unfortunately, no. I always had the lense pointing in the opposite direction! Many thanks for the comments about the photographs. I have recently added some more to both the Nostalgia and Infrastructure sites. I still have quite a number I could add to the main site if there is sufficient interest, but as I have stated before, the best are probably already on the site.

I really enjoyed taking the pictures all those years ago and I am very pleased that they have been of interest to many of you after so many years in the loft.

My biggest regret? Taking an analogue camcorder instead of my Pentax ME Super and 80-200 mm lense to record the happenings on the Euro 96 day on 15th June 1996, when Spain played France at Elland Road. It was also a British Airways Concorde weekend and the weather was superb. I seem to recall seeing a Corsair 747-200, a Corsair 747SP, an AOM DC-10 plus many 737s, 727s, Airbuses, Fokker 100s, 1-11s and others that day.

Thanks again.

Regards,

FY

Last edited by Flying Yorkshireman; 4th May 2009 at 07:57. Reason: Typo