PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 30th Apr 2009, 12:16
bmb7jiw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF we had got 3%, backdated to Jan 2009, and with no restrictions, I would have been satisfied (just) with this, even with it covering the time period to December 2009.

What I am definitely NOT happy with is the fact that Barron is getting 9%. Exactly how can this be justified in the current climate? He say's one thing to the work force and does something totally different.
The divident situation is also absolute crap. As far as I am aware the divident payout was not obligatory. Yes I know that the Airline Group have hardly had no return since PPP, but if the boot was on the other foot I bet they wouldnt be giving US a dividend in the currenct economic climate! £30 million into the Pension fund and £20 million into our pay rise seems to be a much better way of using those funds.
What are the odds that within the year management will be crying foul again over the state of the pension and wanting another change to it even though there was this dividend money that could have been put into it? Will the membership as a whole just turn over and take it up the arse like last time? Answers on a postcard.....

Like has been previously said, this pay "rise" will get voted in unfortunately....