PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2009, 05:08
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is extremely saddening to see that BHX has gone the way of so many other companies in the UK and is callously asset stripping its best asset - its staff just to keep shareholders and DH fat cats happy. The fact that BHX is (normally) such a pleasure to fly through is its staff, those on the front line and behind the scenes who work tirelessly to ensure that everything is continually set up and organized to make sure that people like me can breeze through from parking my car right through to boarding my flight with the minimum of fuss - something as passengers we expect and take for granted but rarely give gratitude for.

I worked in Terminal Control for two years (2002-2004) and know how hard that summer season is - the thought of going through that and not knowing if you will still have a job at the end of it is unthinkable. I still have friends in TC and Apron which makes this even more sad. My thoughts are with you and indeed all others at BHX, good luck for now and the future.

On a slightly more positive note, I see that Qatar announced recently to the press that they are planning to introduce new flights to SYD, MEL and more importantly ATQ from November this year - as well as two new but unstated Europena destinations. Looking at their European routes there is some strong competition (AMS, BRU, DUB, DUS amongst others - as well as a rumour I read about QR looking at GLA) but surely with ATQ on line from Doha and the recent EK upgrade, BHX must now be in with its best fighting chance for them to start flights?