PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2009, 03:31
skyshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the email today about the further changes just announced. Good to see they had listened to us, as two of my major concerns in my surveys have been resolved for the better. The other concerns (with pay increases too late for example) are obviously a sign of the times and are not up for negotiation which is a shame.

I'm still not happy regarding the overtime over 140. It just sounds unrealistic to acheive. Although 10 days off extra a year sounds good, I'd rather see a maximum of 130 in 28 days for example.

But something esle I cannot get over is the leave loading. When incorporated into our DTA, it will never increase. Whereas leave loading is currently given on percentage of salary and given when on leave, which increases when the salary increases. This is important, as our base salary in a couple of years will be $50,000 for cabin crew and $58,000 for cabin supervisors - but DTA of $6800 per year will always remain the same. Also the fact leave loading of 11% is handy to receive when taking leave.