PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GURKHA COURAGE and LOYALTY ABUSED YET AGAIN!
Old 29th Apr 2009, 22:41
Old Photo.Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel utterly ashamed at this so called Governments tratment of the Gurhkas.
All I would like to say has allready been voiced .
I recollect my Father who served in India in The 1930's speaking in absolute glowing terms of how the Gurhkas were an example of Tenacity and Courage in every action they undertook.
There pride in their traditions and proud to serve along side the British.

I feel I must also repeat a few of the sentiments so far, to vent my feelings of how I feel.
I find it outragous that a Cost of 1.4 Billion quoted,to accomodate all Gurhkas, was deemed too expensive!!!!!! While at the same time the so called Honourable members are Lining their pockets on the gravy train of Allowances/Expenses, and goodness knows what else .
At the same time handing out wads of money to any Tom,Dick or Harry
who makes it to these Shores who only know a few phrases of English.
EG: I claim asylum/Where's the nearest Benefit Office/ I know my Rights,etc. etc.
( I do not wish to denegrate all "Visitors!! "as I fully accept that there are genuine cases of people who warrent Asylum)

I am just so angry at the Government Culture which has evolved to satisfy minorities every whim, but will play on the Goodwill and Nature of a group like the Gurhkas who are at a disadvantage to fight their case .

I only hope and pray the Gurhkas win through on this one, goodness knows they deserve it.