PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keep at it Guys. This job is Fantastic
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 00:17
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G SXTY > and despite some part of my anatomy setting off the sodding metal detector every time I go to work
That'll be the b of steel, right?

Agreeing with most of realistic posters, I'd say that 'where/when there's a will (+years of hard work, frustration from delays, gaps in flying, mind-numbing theory - unless damn lucky, ie rich, fed with silver spoon etc), there's a way'. No matter how long it takes to get there. It also takes planning, research, putting up with crap, cartload of luck. Right now for folks dreaming about big stuff cockpits and having the urge to start ASAFP towards CPL/MEIR, ehm. It's their life..

The only art is to balance life so that one doesn't start to hate their failures, setbacks, non-existent private life working like mad during 'best years'.

To all of you who got 0 TT or trial flight under belt:
Do not underestimate the burden of a loan (that is, if lucky to score one now), hassle of getting airline job (or any non-instructing PAID job), other things mentioned above.

I do rant tad too much in my posts sometimes, feeling self-pity etc. It won't make me give up, but it's hard to treasure the joyfull moments from (the start) of my flight training - helis so far, without crashing down to the the reality of messed up finances/funding plans thanks to couple factors. None of that relied heavily on loans, btw.
So, do try to do your PPL (A) in one go and have some spare cash for keeping in shape renting when embarking on modular route. Keep it in perspective.