PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA exam exemptions for military pilots- is it fair??
Old 18th Jul 2001, 15:35
rocketboots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Many seem to be harping on about iv`e done my time blah,blah,blah,but nobody has given BF an answer.His experience is worth more than enough to exempt him all of the techie exams.Are you seriously telling me that a mili pilot knows more technical stuff about aeroplanes than a ground or flight engineer?.I thought not!.BF is not asking for a total exemption,just what he feels he should be entitled to.Who cares who is the best trained.As long as we all get jobs,but we get there with an even playing field.The CAA system stinks from top to bottom,this we are all quite clear on.Points on people who have FAA licenses,should be able to be afforded the same luxury with exemptions as those of our mili freinds.Likewise ground and flight engineers should also get there slice of the cake.
Spare a thought for those that are financing the whole thing themselves,and people like myself who have studied,and worked full time,to jump through all the hoops,only to be told that my failing on a mesley 1%,entitles me to sit everything again under JAR.If i was a mili pilot,then yes i would be taking full advantage of the loop hole,but i`m not,and so i will fight my corner just as CB is entitled to do.OUT OF TRIM you state that why do people think that mili training counts for nothing?.Well outside the world of the CAA bubble,it counts for exactly that...NOTHING.You will learn that entering civi street,on a commercial carrier,will entitle you with the same respect that a cleaner,caterer,dispatcher,loadie,or whatever gets,and thats that they all treated with the same respect,and nobody is afforded the title of SIR.Get used to it!.I feel your reply to mine smells of a touch of arrogance,you might want to lose it if you want to work in civy street