PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA exam exemptions for military pilots- is it fair??
Old 18th Jul 2001, 06:52
ANZAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Gentleman,

I realise this has nothing to do with me (being Australian (1-0 ASHES !) and all) and I usually stay out of these sort of discussions but I am a little confused The facts of this as I understand them are:

That military types have managed to put together a convincing (it must have been because they got it !) submission to have certain qualifications and experience recognised for the new ATPL.

Now Basil Fawlty and others believe, for a variety of reasons, that this either unfair, unsafe and/or unwelcome (is this a fair summary ?)

For unfair, I believe that the ball is now in your court. If you believe that you should have some accreditation for your qualifications and experience then; commend Beagle for his triumph, humbly asked how it was achieved and you start the ball rolling !!! The worst response you can get is NO !?!

For unsafe, I presume that the people responsible for setting the standards for the ATPL were the ones who conducted the review of mil training etc. This seems to be accepted as NOT being deficient in meeting the appropriate standards.

For unwelcome, I think this says more about you than the ex-mil guy.

Do not malign others because they saw an opportunity to improve their lot in life and then achieved it !! A pervading attitude in Australia at the moment is "if I can't have it, why should they !" Some of you should come on over....you would fit right in.