PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA exam exemptions for military pilots- is it fair??
Old 18th Jul 2001, 00:19
RoboAlbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

BF makes a good point in his first post. Relevant engineering experience and examination passes should be given accreditation. Likewise, there would also seem to be a strong case for holders of FAA or equivalent licences to be given accreditation towards JAA licences. Rather than a means of ensuring suitable levels of professional knowledge amongst Europe's aviation fraternity, the current system seems to smack of protectionism. Whilst standards of professional knowledge should stand, the JAR exam papers should be only one of several ways of assessing a person's professional knowledge.

The accreditation of military training was carried out after a very detailed assessment of the military's training system. The CAA having assessed the content of the various training routes leading to a variety of aircraft types and tailored the accreditation given for each type accordingly.

What perplexes me BF is that one the one hand you would welcome accreditation for your own engineering experience, but feel that my experience and training, as the captain of a military multi-engined aircraft, should not receive such accreditation. If I were to be uncharitable, I'd say it was a childish case of sour grapes. Of course, I accept I may have misinterpreted your first post.

Finally it would also seem strange that someone who didn't want a slagging match to develop would fan the flames with post full of words obscured by lots of F*****g '*'s! Unless of course this is a top wind up - if so, nice one, I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

Now where did I put that Air Law book............