PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA exam exemptions for military pilots- is it fair??
Old 17th Jul 2001, 14:35
Max Brakin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Crash Barrier:
You do seem to have the wrong end of the stick here. I was quite willing to do the b@lls ache of the CAA's money making scheme, to wit the exams and would have done so if not for recognition of the hours I've put in doing essentially the same job as any shiny airliner. I don't think I'm better than anyone who has had to put up with hours or learn and dump for the CAA and I am not arrogant enough to think that should I apply and be lucky to get a job in civvie land that I will have a lot to learn about the aircraft and SOPs for flying in that company.

The only arrogant person here is I'm afraid YOU CB who has taken the stand of 'I did it so should everyone else.' I also believe that CAA/JAA ATPLs should be transferrable to FAA and vice versa. After all if we are happy for them to operate in our little bit of airspace why can't we recognise their licenses ??

So Crash get off your high horse and move with the times there are people out there who have relevant experience that can be put to good use. The 'I did it......' attitude makes for bitter and twisted people who don't want any progress.